New York

February1

A Rainbow of Flavors
Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Cris via Compfight
This year for my birthday I went to….NEW YORK!! It is my thirteenth birthday and I got to chose a place in the U.S.A to go to. Since it always seemed cool and also my dad always goes there, I mean ALWAYS goes there (for work), I decided it would be a neat time. I had so many fun experiences, but I will only tell you one. One of my favorites it Dylan’s Candy Bar (yes, I went there) and this is the description and time we had there.

My father and I just finished going ice skating in Central Park (yes, the Central Park). Our skates were finally taken off (with some difficulty). Our jackets zipped up to the limit, we got ready to go out in beautiful New York. We were walking through the bitter wind and the horrible cold yet I felt warm inside. Small but beautiful white flecks of snow made their way slowly to the ground. I walked as fast as my tiny legs could transport me, for one reason and one reason only… to go to Dylan’s!!

Once the store I have been waiting for came into view, a mix between a yelp and a gurgle of happiness burst out of my mouth. Pretend you see your favorite store and then multiply that by a million, that’s how exciting it was. –What if the candy I want is not…what if…I’m soooo excited…aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!–. Soon my thoughts were interrupted, –in you go– my dad smiles down at me. –wait, I thought we were just a few blocks away!!–. All my crazy nervousness went away as I stood gaping at the sugar filled store. Every molecule, every particle in my body was screaming with pure joy. I darted around every inch, every square foot of space. Weaving through people and staring with candy hungry eyes. Three floors of candy stocked amazingness is heaven, coming from a child’s eyes, but parents… not so much.

My father finally caught up to me because I was trying to go to the next level. We got offered a basket at the bottom of the (literally) candy covered stairs, I took the basket almost too enthusiastically. I was jumping up and down and laughing hysterically like I was on a sugar rush, and I still haven’t had the candy yet!! I sprinted around the store grabbing whatever I wanted as fast as possible. While my dad, breathless, tried to catch up. Soon, as the basket neared the halfway mark my father stopped me. I had so much candy and I was so happy I could have exploded. Sadly we had to leave, I was so sad that I slumped down and slowly dragged myself out of the sweet smelling store. The only thing I didn’t know was that I had so much more fun ahead of me!!

by posted under Uncategorized | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“New York”

1. February 6th, 2014 at 6:46 am      Reply Grand-maman Says:

Hello Izadora,

Lucky you going to New York for your 13th birthday! Grand-papa and I go back once in a while because it is such a stimulating city and you always get to see something new. Yes, there are candies in New York but there’s also sushi, great museums, Schwartz (an unbelievable toy store). You see, you’ll have to go back.

Grand-maman

2. February 11th, 2014 at 3:34 pm      Reply alissat513 Says:

I loved the way that you described the city! I was just there in the exact places for my 13th birthday and it’s so cool to be able to relate with you!

3. February 12th, 2014 at 8:33 pm      Reply Yo papa Says:

Wow, makes me want to go do this with you all over again! 🙂

4. February 20th, 2014 at 3:17 pm      Reply faithw678 Says:

I love all of your voice. I can really tell you wrote this.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar