Challenge Weeks Four and Five: Media and a Memory

April12

image

(Me as a small toddler watching Blues Clues)

As a little child, I just couldn’t do without Blues Clues, a TV show for toddlers. That program would pop my curious, joyous eyes out of my head. It was a great show that any child could ask for, in fact, it was my favorite.

My little mouth made a loud scream throughout the house for my mother to turn that confusing box that little children could not understand, otherwise known as ย the TV. My mother finally turned on the TV where Blues Clues was on and waiting for my attention. As a toddler almost anything would get me excited, but this show would animate my mind and help me do something that all parents want from kids: imagine.

While I watched, my eyes would stay glued on this show for kids. Bubbly laughter burst put of my mouth. My eyes grew in anticipation. My heart bounced out of my chest and before I knew it, a happy connection grew between me and that show. It had all the building blocks for a child my age: teaching new things for kids and interactive. The show would teach me new material and make me a better educated child :).

Without this show, my eyes wouldn’t grow wide, my laughter wouldn’t be present and I wouldn’t be so happy. Blues Clues is an amazing show for the little toddler’s developing mind. That is why Blues Clues was my favorite TV show.

5 Comments to

“Challenge Weeks Four and Five: Media and a Memory”

1. April 15th, 2014 at 8:37 am      Reply Grand-maman Says:

Hello my dear,

Where is your hair? It’s a good thing that it’s now grown. Blues Clues was a great program even for us adults, the images were so clear, precise, a joy to watch!

I love you, Grand-maman

• April 21st, 2014 at 3:45 pm      Reply izadoraf612 Says:

Allo, how are you doing? I vaguely remember myself without hair. It was quite funny that I had about the same amount of hair that my brother had when we were the same age. I also had a seat that had a photo of Blues Clues and I would sit on it while watching Blues Clues while thinking that I was a character in Blues Clues. It was for sure my favorite show of all time. Thank you for commenting, je t’aime.

2. April 16th, 2014 at 5:58 pm      Reply Catherine Z. Says:

Hi Izadora,
    This post reminded me of how I was OBSESSED with Blues Clues when I was little. I still remember Magenta, Periwinkle, mailbox, and the family of spices. I would always watch it first thing in the morning when I got up. I absolutely adored Steve who was later replaced by Joe (not as fun). I also love that picture of you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 21st, 2014 at 3:40 pm      Reply izadoraf612 Says:

Thank you for commenting. I was only three or four in that photo and I’m missing some hair! I always loved staring at the tv for hours on end just laughing and grinning from ear to ear. It’s cool that I found someone that had the same obsession(as little kids). Thanks again for commenting ๐Ÿ™‚

3. April 17th, 2014 at 11:00 pm      Reply dahlial620 Says:

I can imagine you, all smiley and bouncy to watch Blues Clues! Your imagery was really good. I liked how you showed your happiness in the beginning and middle, and showed how you wouldn’t have been as happy without it. Great post!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar