Christmas

December21

Most people spend Christmas in their homes, with warm pajamas and hot chocolate. Well, that WAS us, now we are going to different places, very different.

“PRESENTS!!!” All of us yell, “it is not even Christmas!”. Let me back up a little so you know what is going on. My brother wakes up and walks into my parents room. He says, hi and many other things, that probably bore my parents right back to sleep but, then my brother spots a green wrapping under my parents bed. So as my brother peeks under, my mother gives and exasperated sigh and gets out of bed to put the presents under the tree. He starts getting excited and jumps up and down while yelling. So, the elephant (a.k.a my brother) woke me up. I walk up the stairs grumpily and once I see the tree, I give an excited yelp and grin.

Later that day, my mom grabs the presents as we are about to eat dinner. She sets them on the table like nothing ever happened. We all look at each other wondering why we are opening presents so early but, judging by the looks on my mom and dad’s face they were not going to tell us. My mom told us that we should open the presents. I gave them a quizzical look then started unwrapping. We all got the same thing, a pair of Keen shoes. Ok, I thought, nice shoes but, why these shoes, I mean… Their cool but some explanation must come with this. Then my short problem was solved, my dad pulled out three pieces of paper. He passed them out and we opened them and I was still very confused. As we looked at the paper, four pictures were on it. A picture of a monkey, a surfer, a zip line and rafting. Well, I decided, more confusion. Then, my dad pulled out another set of three papers and finally it had the answers I was looking for. I opened it slowly knowing this was the 1000 dollar answer, the Yahtzee or whatever you want to call it. An image I had never seen before was on there, a arrow pointing from Austin to Costa Rica. I blinked like a hundred times just to make sure I was looking right. My brother, instead of being taken in to silent astonishment, screamed then fake passed out. We all laughed and then, even though it took a while my parents “rallied up the troops” and we ate dinner.

I still cannot believe this happened, even though I have to wake up at 5:00 A.M. When I come back I will try to write a blog post for you guys about it. Speaking of blog I really appreciate all of your comments, thank you. Merry Christmas and happy new year or (as they say in Costa Rica) Feliz Navidad!!!

by posted under Fun | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Christmas”

1. December 22nd, 2013 at 1:36 pm      Reply Grand-maman Says:

LUCKY, LUCKY GIRL! Imagine Costa Rica and all its natural beauty!

The spirit of Christmas is in our heart. It follows us everywhere we go and whatever we do. And we’ll get to see you at the end of January and you can tell us about your wonderful adventure.

Joyeux Noël, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad. We’re thinking of you all,

Grand-maman qui t’aime!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar