Costa Rican Iguanas

January10

Injury (Explored 18 okt 2013, #348)
Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Drriss & Marrionn via Compfight

Hello everybody! I am officially back from Costa Rica. We did many things in Costa Rica, like surfing and swimming and A LOT of driving but, if I told you all the stories and experiences in Costa Rica well… you would be reading for ages. So let me get on with the short story.

On New Year’s Eve we woke up at 6:15 in the morning to go to a rafting tour (sounds awesome right? Well it was). At around 7:10 a tour bus arrived to take us to breakfast. We had a short breakfast and went back on the road for one hour and twenty minutes, sooner or later we got to the river. Later we put all our gear on and went to get a short explanation of how to do rafting, even though I listened it felt like he was all distant, I just could not help being extremely excited!! I was wondering how far we would go, how much fun we would have and who would fall off (secretly I was hoping my brother would).

After that long explanation I literally jumped on the raft and the guide looked at me like I was crazy (which I sort of was…). Once the guide pushed us out, we were off. The rapids started right when we got on the water and boy was that a thrilling ride! At first I thought it was going to be one rapid but, I was wrong because we had at least twenty big rapids. We went through many rapids while our guide told us to do this or that. One rapid was called el Boca del diablo and it went down really fast. While we went down our guide help us do something called “surfing“. It’s where we go on the part of the rapid that is going down and as you get on part of it the raft stays there and we had lots of fun.

Many rapids later we stopped on the side but, not on the side we were supposed to be on. Then, our guide got out of the raft just as I saw something move in the water. I sat upright as still as a statue. Later, something stranger happened and our guide jumped into the water and did what looked like wrestling the water (and at that time I thought he was crazier than me and that is a big thing to say). Then, he stood up triumphantly with an iguana on his shoulder (ok I thought wrestling water was weird but, this is above all the weirdest things I have seen). Soon after all the pictures were taken we went back on the rapids and had a great time.

Even though iguana skin feels weird, sort of like a snake and I was almost grossed out because later on it started wiggling I still found that cool. It was an odd yet awesome experience, one of a lifetime and I hope you guys have crazy experiences like that too.

by posted under Fun | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“Costa Rican Iguanas”

1. January 12th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Grand-maman Says:

Wow! Wow! Lucky you, what a great way to start the year. You’re very lucky to have had this experience. It must be a big contrast to be back in school and at home.

We’re going back home today but I can assure you that we haven’t seen any iguanas but we saw monkeys. Barbados was invaded by Amazone monkeys. They’re everywhere.

Happy New Year, my dear, I love you, Grand-maman

2. January 19th, 2014 at 3:24 pm      Reply Mrs. Kriese Says:

Iguana water wrestling! What a wonderful vacation experience!

I’m so glad you have taken the time to write such a vivid, enjoyable narrative of your rafting trip. Thank you for sharing!

3. February 20th, 2014 at 2:25 pm      Reply hopew551 Says:

That sounds really cool, especially the iguana wrestling…. I would have been super confused if my guide jumped of into the water and started writhing in the water…. Wierd. Great story!

4. February 20th, 2014 at 3:29 pm      Reply kirc654 Says:

Normally I’m pretty brave about trying something new but rafting, then iguana water fighting seems to scary for me!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar