The Giver

October8

I have read The Giver recently, I really like the book but, I have to say the ending was very annoying because I really like books that have an ending that does not end in a cliffhanger.
On top of that no sequel comes after the book. Although Lois Lowry said she decided for herself that the book would have no sequel for the reason that she wanted us to choose wether Jonas died or not. The book itself though was amazing. It blew my mind that some authors can even imagine amazing stuff like that!! The Giver was a very good book and I really recommend you reading it. It is so cool that it seems some people can be so different and advance in technology that amazingly well. Though it almost seems unfair that people cannot see and feel anything that we see or feel. An example would be pain or pleasure but, true pain or pleasure not getting a bruise but, breaking a leg is a true pain even death. Also, having a real family and having Christmas is a true pleasure. I think The Giver is such a diverse and wonderful book

by posted under Uncategorized | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“The Giver”

1. October 9th, 2013 at 6:13 am      Reply Suzanne Gagnon Says:

Lois Lowry is a very interesting author. She wrote on Anastasia, a Russian princess who has known quite an adventure. She won a prize for The Giver and it is part of a quartet, the other three books are Gathering Blue, Messenger, Son. In a way, lots of stories do not end the way we expect them to or want them to, we wish, we wish. It’s so much like our own lives, don’t you think!
    Grand-maman qui t’aime!

2. October 9th, 2013 at 6:29 am      Reply grandpapa Says:

I am amazed by your interests and the book you read.

3. October 15th, 2013 at 1:28 pm      Reply Regina Acosta Says:

Hi!! I’m Regina from Texas, and I just wanted to let you know that I totally 100% agree that The Giver is a wonderful book! I totally understood your pain when the book ended in a “Wait.. WHAT!!” moment, but I think that’s the beauty that books bring to our lives. One book recommendation I would absolutely tell and totally dish on and on about is Divergent. Read it!! You won’t regret or put it down once you begin! Don’t be afraid to check out my student blog too http://www.olsschool.org/roar Hope to hear from you soon!!

4. October 16th, 2013 at 1:58 pm      Reply shampurnam695 Says:

I was also VERY ANNOYED about the ending of The Giver. I have read the second book, Gathering Blue, and it has no reference to Jonas or Gabriel or Lily or anybody! It is about a new girl named Kira. The settings and people in the book are not really related in any way! But, Gathering Blue is a very interesting book!

5. October 16th, 2013 at 2:05 pm      Reply sairam678 Says:

I loved the way The Giver ended! Call me crazy but the way it’s all up to you is what I like most about the book, and it is move completing for me to make up my own ending and not be dissapointed by what the author comes up with.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar